URGENT STAFF RECRUITMENT - QATAR GENERAL ELECTRICITY & WATER AUTHORITY
About:QATAR GENERAL ELETRICITY
Establishment of KAHRAMAA
July 2000: Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation "KAHRAMAA" was established in July 2000 further to the Emiri Law number 10, to regulate and maintain the supply of electricity and water to its customers.
• KAHRAMAA begins operations as a corporate entity.
• 30 December 2002: Qatar Electricity & Water Company (QEWC) and Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation (KAHRAMAA) have signed an agreement for the sale and transfer of the ownership of the stations owned by the Corporation to the company
• The production of electricity and desalination of water are outsourced leaving KAHRAMAA to focus on transmission and distribution.
• A project to replace old water pipes with new pipes built to specifications begins.
• Speed pumps are installed to by-pass small water towers so water is pumped directly from reservoir to homes.
• KAHRAMAA begins pumping water 24 hours continuously from June 2008.
• KAHRAMAA enters into agreements with electricity and water supplies for increased volumes and capacity over the long term.
• Internal capacity building to train and upgrade staff skill sets to improve service delivery to customers continues.
• Customer numbers increase leading to the opening of more KAHRAMAA Service offices at various locations across the country.
• Customer response time improves greatly with innovative systems
We are committed, since KAHRAMAA inception in 2000, to provide Qatar’s need of high quality electricity and water services following the best international and local standards, as indicated in QNV 2030: “Management of the environment such that there is harmony between economic growth, social development and environmental protection.
KAHRAMAA managed, thanks to the wise leadership of H.H. Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani, the Emir of Qatar and His government, to complete vital electricity and water projects, while investing in infrastructure to cope with the comprehensive development and the increasing demand. It comes within KAHRAMAA national responsibility as leading State corporation.
KAHRAMAA not only provides services, rather it works to ensure sustainability by making use of renewable energy especially solar. In addition, it promotes the culture of conservation among all society classes. It launched the National Campaign for the Conservation and Efficient Use of Water And Electricity ”Tarsheed” to ensure sustainability and better living for Qatari people one generation after the other.
As for human development, KAHRAMAA provides employment, education, training and development opportunities for Qataris to involve in technical jobs by introducing several incentives. The Qatari woman has equal opportunities. She assumes several leadership posts in KAHRAMAA. Man is the most valuable investment in KAHRAMAA
|Shift Engineer (Transmission)||QATAR||View & Apply|
|Assistant - Risk & Insurance||QATAR||View & Apply|
|Assistant Buyer||QATAR||View & Apply|
|Instrument Foreman||QATAR||View & Apply|
|Electrical Technician||QATAR||View & Apply|
|Senior Engineer (Loss & Leak Detection||QATAR||View & Apply|
|Senior Engineer (Maintenance Network)||QATAR||View & Apply|
|Engineer (Civil Design)||QATAR||View & Apply|
|Pump Operator||QATAR||View & Apply|